Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ten Thoughts in Ten Minutes

  1. I am seriously in love with my new slippers. Who doesn't love sequins? And I just noticed they're called "Charo" Who remembers her? The Coochie coochie lady. 
  2. I forgot how cold Wisconsin winters are. We had a very mild one last year and so this BELOW ZERO nonsense is cramping my style. 
  3. Also cramping my style: this whole getting back into the morning routine. AJ has been off from his M-Th school for two weeks. Today, class resumed. AND Karl went back to work for the first time since December 13th. We barely eeked in on time today. It's going to take me some time to get back into the swing of things. 
  4. First day back to school must be exhausting. Not only did AJ *not* protest his nap this afternoon, he came out after an hour of sleeping, laid his head down on the couch and went right back out. We're approaching 2 hours of total sleep time. Unheard of.
  5. I love my 2012 Project Life album, even though it's not completed. (yet.) 
  6. I love it more because AJ has asked for the past 3 mornings "Mama, you read the scrapbook with me?"
  7. I'm still holding out hope that his love of the albums will continue as he ages so that some day they don't all get thrown in a dumpster. Or maybe I need to get back on the arranged marriage bandwagon and make sure my boys wind up with daughters of scrappers. I think Em and I would be lovely in laws. And Miri really is destined to live in Wisconsin some day.
  8. I'm watching the Pinterest new year feed with a smirk. The same thing happened last year. For a couple of weeks my feed will be full of new work outs, healthy recipes, and "inspiring" pictures of photoshopped skinny people. Until like January 21st. Then, it will go right back to rich desserts and recipes featuring 5 varieties of cheese, with a few cocktails to wash it all down and some pictures of cute baby animals for good measure. We're so predictable aren't we?
  9. A lady at the grocery store who was admiring Sam turned down my offer to come see how much fun babies are at 3 in the morning. And she reminded me that she'd rather be up with a fussy infant than be up at 3 am because her teenager isn't home and hasn't called. That combined with a harrowing tale from Katrina and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sleep until my boys are 30.
  10. I discovered Portlandia today before AJ came out to continue his nap on the couch. The Dream of the 90s is alive in Portland. I peed my pants a little. Love it.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I need to watch me some Portlandia.

And, I have no idea what # 1 is all about.

angieoh! said...

ha ha ha!

Back to school naps are awesome!