Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello, Monday

 (taken when a certain littler dude visited his mama in bed this weekend)

Hello, bedrest. Last week my body sent me a message. All week I kept saying I needed to make an appointment with the chiropractor. I was feeling off and wanted to, for once, make it to the chiropractor before all hell broke loose. Friday morning I was going to make that call. Right after I dropped AJ off at school and ran a couple of errands. Yeah. I never finished my errands. Right in the middle of trying on pants, I went from "feeling off" to "completely broken." A Friday afternoon chiropractor visit followed by 2 full days laying in bed and I'm back to "somewhat functional." And I'm thinking maybe I burned a hole in my stomach with a whole lot of ibuprofen.

Hello, catch up. You don't spent 2 days in bed without a whole lot of stuff that just doesn't get done. Karl was a great single parent, but there's only so much you can do. So now, instead of feeling like we're ready to face the first full week of 2013 head on, I'm scrambling. No meal plan, no grocery list, no food in the fridge. And we won't talk about the laundry.

Hello, routine. The bigger of the little dudes is one of the most routine driven kids I know. He likes to know the plan. Getting back into the swing of things after Christmas has been rough on him. 2 weeks off from school is a long time. He's so happy to see his teachers and friends though. This morning was a little rougher than normal because I had spent so much time away from him this weekend. "I missed loo today, Mama." Tears at drop off. It hurts my heart.

Hello, tales from the scale. 2.8lbs down on the first Monday of 2013. 2 lbs from 30 pounds lost. 12 pounds from a major milestone. It's going to be a good year!

3 comments:

gabbyfek said...

so glad you are more upright now!!!
i SO love that photo, though.
sweet boy.
xoxoxo.

Mara said...

glad you're feeling better!
amazing job at WW. You're my inspiration - I really need to get back in focus :)

Josie said...

Glad you are better, congrats on the weight loss. I know how hard it is!
and the little one - ADORABLE!