Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday Things 09.26.13

my boys making the most of a sick day. Jammies for everyone!

  • Fall brings out some weird quirks for me. Like driving around with the windows down because I love the cold air, but the heat blowing on my feet because I refuse to give up my flip flops until it's snowing. Which will happen way sooner than I'd like to admit. 
  • Work has been insane. I am learning so much about myself and my strengths and weaknesses as a manager. I'm also learning that sometimes just saying, "I'm sorry" can change a person's attitude, even if the problem wasn't your fault and even if it isn't something that can be resolved. That's awesome. Sometimes that doesn't work. And those times are hard.
  • I'm going through a phase where I am acutely aware that AJ is growing up. We talked about fog and humidity this week on the way to gymnastics and I caught a glimpse of this grown up reflection in the rear view. He's not a baby anymore. 
  • 5 years ago this week I was injecting myself with hormones and subjecting myself to uncomfortable ultrasounds. 5 years ago this week I had talked myself into moving onto IVF once the cycle I was going through was a bust. 5 years ago this week God was preparing to blow my plans out of the water. 
  • I want to bake all the things. I blame the cooler weather and the open windows and that darn Pinterest.
  • Fall TV is back! Except I no longer have DVR. So I'll be watching all the things online. During nap time in the days following whenever the show airs. Which probably means Facebook is going to spoil it all for me. Ah social media. 
  • I am bad about waiting until just before a gift certificate expires to take advantage. So it could come as no surprise that I am just now cashing in the spa package Karl bought for me for our anniversary last year. It expires in 3 weeks. Lucky for me it's been a doozy of a month and right now is the perfect time for me to indulge in a facial. 
  • My mom heads home on Sunday, and unlike when she left in August, this time I don't know when she's coming back. This makes me sad and fills me with anxiety. I am a better mom when she's here. I'm probably a better wife too. And I know I smell better because I can shower whenever I want. We will all miss her. It will take time to get back into our routine of flying solo.

3 comments:

gabbyfek said...

i think you are thoroughly amazing, friend. enjoy that facial.
xoxoxo.

angieoh! said...

Have fun getting blissed out. :) You deserve it!

Mara said...

Hope you enjoyed pampering yourself!
Being a manager is tough, but sounds like you're doing well!
xx