Monday, September 16, 2013

Hello, Monday 9.16.13

Hello, hangover: It's true. We had too much fun this weekend. Or rather, we had the appropriate amount of fun, but said fun involved too much driving and running and going and...well, you get the idea. It's all left me facing a new week with a little less pep in my step. Okay, who am I kidding? There is no pep. We have ZERO PEP PEOPLE!

Hello, small victories: We spent a LOT of time in the car on Saturday and a certain little dude successfully managed to keep himself dry. AND we didn't have to make any frantic rest stops to make that happen. It took us so long to get to this point, and I still can't believe it. Part of me is tempted to just not buy more pull ups for bedtime when this package runs out. The other part of me fears extra laundry and more middle of the night wake ups. The scared and lazy part of me might win out for at least one more package.

Hello, fall (finally!):This is the season I fell in love with my husband (and the season I married him a year later.) This is the season I found out both of my boys would be joining our family. It's the season I signed on the dotted line for my first home. The season of open windows and college football and pumpkin EVERYTHING. Sometimes I feel like I get more excited about the impending arrival of fall than I do about Christmas. I love it. And I wish it lasted longer. Because one day soon I will wake up and it will be just a little TOO cold to sleep with the windows open any longer. And not long after that the unraked leaves will be covered by snow. Pumpkin spice will move over to make room for Peppermint mochas. And it will be "the most wonderful time of the year" for the rest of the world. And I'll embrace it too, because I'm not gonna lie, I do love me a good rendition of Oh Holy Night and some over the top Christmas lights. But for now, my fall loving heart is full.

Hello, tough decisions: I'm the kind of person who likes to say yes to new adventures. I've been conditioned to explore new opportunities. It's hard for me to say no. But part of being a mama to two littles is learning to say "no thanks" because sometimes the timing just isn't right. And those littles need me to make decisions that are best for all of us, even when it is hard to do.





Hello week in the life: I took the pictures. Now what? I set out on this project with no idea what I was actually planning to do with the pictures once I took them. Because let's be honest? There was a strong likelihood I would peter out by Wednesday and "two days in the life" doesn't really sound as cool. But I did it. All.week.long. And almost entirely on my iphone. Part of me thinks I might just throw it all into my project life album and consider this week REALLY documented. Or maybe I'll do something more. Who knows.

Here's to a great week friends!

1 comment:

gabbyfek said...

hooray for week in the life!
you are awesome, mama.
love you.
xoxoxo.