Monday, July 21, 2008

My bestest!!


It takes a special kind of friend to be willing to drive 12 hours to come hang out for a few days with no special occasions planned. But that's exactly what my friend Lee Ann is in the process of doing. She left from Knoxville yesterday and stopped overnight in Indianapolis. Now this morning she's making the second half of the trip and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

The picture above is circa August 2004 on my last night living in Knoxville. It's a good thing I'm squinting because you can't see my bloodshot eyes. There were a lot of tears when I left Knoxville because I really felt like I was leaving my family and Lee Ann is a huge part of that.

Only a bestest friend would get up 2 hours early every morning to go to the gym with me, even in the winter when it was cold and the bed was warm.

Only a bestest friend would know that sometimes a chinese buffet is the only thing that will cure a broken heart.

Only a bestest friend would answer the phone at 1 in the morning and then drive to come get me after I found out my mom had a heart attack and I didn't want to be alone.

Only a bestest friend would then drive me three hours to Nashville the next day so I could fly home cheaper to see my mom.

Only a bestest friend would let me sleep on her couch more times than I can count.

I'm sad that Karl is again in Minneapolis this week, but I'm so glad to have three uninterupted days with my bestest friend!!

No comments: