Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ventage Tuesday (on Wednesday): A Very Pinteresting Summer

Last month I created a new Pinterest board entitled "Camp Homburg." I know summer simply isn't long enough for me to do all of the things I've been pinning to this board, but I like having a place full of kid friendly recipes, crafts, and learning activities to draw from this summer. If the last week is any indication, AJ is going to need to be kept busy and challenged or we are going to hear a LOT of "I'm bored!" and "What we going to do now, Mama?"

So here are five things from my Camp Homburg board that I am looking forward to trying with the dudes in the coming weeks:

1. Tin Foil River: I love this idea from Camo and Bows and I think the boys are both at good ages for this. Our back yard has a pretty decent slope, and lord knows we have our fair share of rubber duckies! Maybe we'll even experiment with making our own little boats to float down the river.



2.  Painting with Marshmallows: I really hope this summer is the year AJ learns to love crafts. He seems to enjoy them at school but never really is too keen on doing them at home. Last year we tried painting with ice cubes on an exceptionally hot day and he wasn't a fan. Maybe he'll enjoy painting with marshmallows this summer? Fun a Day used campfire colors as part of the marshmallow roasting/painting theme. Maybe we can tie this in to a campfire night.


3. Popsicles: I am totally stoked about this list from Buzzfeed. It has both grown up popsicle and ones that I can make to be AJ and Sammy friendly. I was very jealous of Em's new popsicle every week tradition last summer and I'm hoping we can start something similar (but slightly less ambitious) here.
4. Squirt Bottle Art: The blog post from My Little Princess World shows this craft using water guns, but I think we will give it a try with spray bottles we have around the house.


5. Fun with Books: I've got library story time on our weekly agenda this summer, so I was excited to find this list of activities to go along with popular kids books. Even if we don't make it to many story times (Let's be honest, the little dude isn't the best at sitting quietly and listening), I'm still hoping to use this list to inspire some fun hands on stuff.

So there you have it. Here's hoping some of these pins end up being among our favorite summer memories. For more pinspiration, check out what Angie, Barb, Em, and Katrina have planned for this summer.

1 comment:

Mara said...

I'll come over for crafts, especially if they involve marshmallows :)