Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ventage Tuesday: Long Weekend Hangover Remedies


This weekend. Wow. Epic. But really, how can a weekend with its own hashtag NOT be epic? We ate. We drank. We laughed. We ate some more. We spent time getting "glamorous" together. We answered a 3.5 year olds repeated question, "What are you guys doing out here?" Most of all we just enjoyed the fact that we were all together.

Now? The party is over. The hashtag is being retired. And while Sunday morning my girls and I sipped cocktails out of mason jars at a table decorated with burlap and fresh flowers:



 this morning my boys took 5 minutes to turn my living room into this:



From epic fun to epic mess. And a long weekend hangover of epic proportions. So, what does one do to recover from the post long weekend blues? Here are some things I plan to try this week:

1. Coffee: This morning I traded my mason jar for the big smiley face mug. It's part of my fake it until you make it mantra. I am feeling neither energetic nor smiley. Coffee will help.

2. Water: While most of my post weekend blues are mental, my body is definitely feeling the effects of this weekend of indulgences. I'm drinking lots of water today and working on a meal plan heavy on the fresh fruits and veggies and a little light on the cheese and alcoholic beverages.

3. Dance Party: We danced it up in the car this morning. A little Thrift Shop. A little Pitbull. A little Neon Trees. My boys are excellent dancers and head bobbers. It's hard to be in a bad mood when there is an almost 4 year old in the back shouting the only lyrics he remembers "It started with a WHISPER!!!"

4. Emails: Katrina wasn't even at the airport before the Ventage girls emails had resumed. It is what we do, after all. We can nurse our long weekend hangovers together, virtually.

5. Planning the next adventure: I'm a "What's next?" kind of girl. It's a character trait that I struggle with sometimes because I need a reminder to enjoy the moment I'm in. But when I'm bumming after a weekend of fun, it's handy to have something to look forward to. We're less than a month away from the Thing One and Thing Two party for my little dudes. So, my attention turns from brunch recipes and bloody mary bar pins to Cat in the Hat quotes and kid friendly snacks.

So there you have it. My long weekend recovery plan. Be sure to check in with the other ventage girls for their tips, though it might take a while for us all to get back into the swing of things.

No comments: