Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tales from the Scale: Week 5

Down .6lbs. I'm not sure that even counts because just over half a pound feels like it could be the difference in what pants I was wearing from one weigh in to the next.

But that point six brings my total to a nice even 13lbs, so I'll take it.

Nothing exciting to report this week. I made it through Easter and for once I was thankful for AJ's food allergies in that it meant we really didn't have much in the way of Easter candy at Chez Homburg. I will admit to being mighty tempted though when we were at Walmart yesterday. Reeses peanut butter eggs on clearance? Sign me up. Or not.

Oh, and I had a minor victory over Oreos. You see I decided to surprised a certain Miss Em with some oreo cheesecake new mama cupcakes last week since Barb was headed down that way. And I bought the whole bag...even though I said I was going to go single serve next time. The cheapskate in me won out. The recipe calls for like 2 dozen oreos. That's a lot of single serve bags! BUT (!!!) I counted out the cookies I needed (plus one to eat myself, because I'm not really a saint) and then I drove the rest of the bag to Karl at work. Take THAT Oreo temptation!

This week's challenge will be the first wedding of the season on Saturday. Wedding days are crazy busy for us and I rarely get to eat much more than a handful of pretzels or trail mix between 9am and whenever we make it to the reception. By that point I am famished and tired from being on my feet all day. I have no say in what I am served (betting on family style fried chicken and beef tips as they seem to be Wisconsin wedding staples) and I have about 10 minutes to shovel the aforementioned food into my mouth before they start with toasts and kisses and other assorted reception activities. Oh, and there's cake. Mama likes wedding cake.

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping all the shooting and gear hauling earns me a few activity points to indulge in cake. And I'm hoping to resist Karl's suggestion of "fourth meal" on the way home.

Can I make it to 15lbs next week? Only time will tell!

1 comment:

justem said...

I am very thankful that you dared to brave the Oreos for me!! :) :)