Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gratitude Day 3/30: There's no place like home

Four years ago today, I signed what felt like a million pieces of paper. I wrote my initials until the S and the H blended into some weird symbol like the artist formerly known as Prince. I think my hand even cramped at one point. But three hours later, I had keys in my hand! For the first time in my adult life, I no longer had to pay rent! Hooray for home ownership.

In the four years we've lived here, I've learned to be thankful for more than these four walls and the roof over our heads. I am also thankful for our quiet neighborhood, and our awesome neighbors. There was no way to know when I got pregnant with AJ in the fall of 2008 that I would be one of seven women on our blog staring at two pink lines within weeks of each other. Over the past 17 months we have often joked that our homes are all full of the same messes, that we all have the same sleep deprived looks. Our babies have turned into toddlers and we can share all of the milestones. It's such a cool bond and it will only get cooler as those toddlers grow into kids who share classes and sports and all sorts of adventures.

So today, I am thankful for my home, and all that comes with it!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm jealous that you live in a neighborhood. I just live in the hood.