Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Learning Something New Everyday: September 1st

Ah, September. This time last year I was getting ready to begin the cycle that we conceived our little monkey man. It's totally hard for me to believe how much has changed, and how much I've learned in the last year.

Last September I did a daily mini album to document the month. This year I don't have the time to devote to such a project, but I am going to *try* to blog through the month. Emphasis on the word TRY people. We'll see if A.J. decides to cooperate :)

So what did I learn today?

September 1st: Salisbury Steak doesn't photograph well. Today, Barb and I kicked off a new blogging project :Cook. Eat. Repeat? Over the next year we're going to cook our way through the stacks of cookbooks and recipes printed off the web we've aquired over the years.

Tonight, I made my first new recipe and quickly learned why the picture in the Light and Tasty magazine is very small. This recipe definitely doesn't get high marks for presentation. You'll have to wait a bit to find out if it tastes better than it looks. The recipe and my review wil be posted on the Cook. Eat. Repeat? blog tomorrow!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're right, Steph.
The salisbury steak doesn't exactly look delicious.