Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2 Lesson: It's going to take more than nursing...

Yup, I did it. This morning I rejoined Weight Watchers in an attempt to finally say goodbye to what I not so fondly refer to as my "infertility weight." Three years of failed cycles, depression, and drugs were not kind to my body and now it's time to make things right.

I've been pretty lax (okay, totally lax) with my eating since AJ was born for a couple of reasons. First of all, I'm breast feeding and you need extra calories for that. Second, gestational diabetes kept me from eating what I wanted during pregnancy so I felt like I "deserved" some free time. Despite the food free for all, I've managed to lose 41 pounds I gained during pregnancy. That would be a much bigger achievement if I didn't swell up like a balloon in those final weeks. I'm pretty sure 20 of those 41 pounds was water retained in my legs and feet!

The nice thing about Weight Watchers is they make the plan friendly to nursing moms, so I have extra points to account for the extra calories I need to keep my supply up. I'm committed to the program for 2 months. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I know so many people who have been successful with Weight Watchers. Take it one day at a time. :)

Barb said...

Hooray! Can't wait to hear more!

justem said...

Good luck! :) Send some of that motivation over to me!!