Hello, Friday. I'm so happy to see you.
Even if I am greeting you with bloodshot eyes (note to self: take the make up off before bed!) and bed head
5 things making me smile this morning:
- Forecast: Weekend Warm up! 65 today! 66 tomorrow! 67 Sunday! I'm not sure I could ask for anything more. The windows will be open. Our neighborhood will be full of screaming kiddos and laughter. My little bulbs will hopefully soak up the sun and grow, grow grow! I have to work tomorrow, but Sunday we're packing up the boys and taking them to the train show in Green Bay. There's a rumor that there's even train rides available for the kiddos, weather permitting. And based on the forecast...well, bring on the train rides! I'm hoping AJ will love it. I'm also hoping Sammy does okay in the stroller and that nobody has too big of a meltdown.
- Planning: my birthday brunch. a Suess-ified party for the boys. I'm so excited to celebrate what a crazy exhausting memory making year we have had as a family of four.
- Date Night: Karl is craving Mexican and I am craving a margarita the size of my head. Most of all I am craving time with my favorite guy and a meal that I can eat while it's hot instead of getting more juice or cutting up someone else's food, or reminding a little dude to use his fork.
- Rummage Sales: Some people judge the arrival of spring by the flowers popping up in the yard. Here in Wisconsin, before there are flowers, there are rummage sale signs. There's a neighborhood not far from me that is having its 51st annual sale this weekend. Crazy, right? I don't know that I'll have time to shop this weekend, but I know there will be many more rummage weekends ahead. This year I am on the look out for a bread machine. We got one as a wedding gift and I'm pretty sure it was donated when we were getting rid of everything to prepare for a move to Michigan that never wound up happening. Funny how that works.
- Funnies: These days, few people can make me laugh as hard as my little brother. We text multiple times a week about all sorts of stuff, and most of the time it starts with a funny picture message. This morning he sent me one that made me choke on my coffee. Man does he know me well...Have a beautiful weekend, friends!