Thursday, May 26, 2011

Three on Thursday: Random Rant Edition

Because I know you are all DYING to know the things that are really ticking me off these days. So here we go, in no particular order:
  1. Freeze and Frost Warnings in May: Seriously?? I was pumping gas this morning, wearing a fleece jacket, and still shivering. Ridiculous! And for the record, I don't care how frosty it gets, I am NOT going back to real shoes this late in the game. My toes may turn blue but I shall not forsake my sandals and/or flip flops!
  2. The Biggest Loser: Not the show exactly, but the fact that my beloved Jillian is leaving and is being replaced by...wait for it...Anna Kournikova. I'm interested to see if there will be an increase in treadmill related injuries next season with all of the male contestants drooling. Now please don't assume from this rant that I won't watch next season. Oh no, I will. I will just bitch and moan about that skinny blonde tennis player. And I will mourn Jillian.
  3. More Weather Annoyances: Okay, so even if you are capable of getting past the frost issue (which I'm clearly not) the rest of the weather for the "unofficial kick off to summer weekend" totally blows. Pretty good chance of rain every.single.day. This is peeving me more than usual because the big project on the agenda at Chez Homburg this weekend is power washing and repainting the deck. Except the deck needs time to dry after the power washing and it needs to stay dry for at least 24 hours after painting. Did I mention AJ's birthday party is in 2 weeks? Sigh..
And as a reward for sitting through that rant, here's a cute picture or two of the aforementioned little dude:
(Sometimes the little dude steals my glasses so he won't be recognized at Walmart.)
(And when he's really trying to go incognito, the toy bin provides substantial cover.)

2 comments:

justem said...

So I heard it was going to warm on Monday...is that myth?

I can't WAIT for AJ's birthday!! :) :)

Barb said...

I love his tiny little legs poking out of the giant bucket in that last picture. Hilarious.