Friday, May 13, 2011

Five on Friday; Fast and Furious Edition

So many things to say and no time to say them. Here's five quick bullets of my week in review.

  1. Cut, Color, Cash: I *finally* scheduled a cut and color for myself this week, after a 14 month salon hiatus. I was also reminded it's always a good idea to get a rough ballpark for price so that you don't pass out when the bill comes to nearly 200 dollars. The good news is I had a gift card for part of it. And if you divide the rest of the bill by the 14 months I didn't spend anything on my hair...well in that case it's a bargain! I really loved the experience though. Wish I could afford it more often.
  2. B-A-N-A-N-A-S: The little dude has always been a fan of the bananas. But in the past couple of weeks he seems to have an insatiable appetite for them. Because he is still determined not to speak, he resorts to dragging me into the kitchen ten times a day and pointing furiously at the bunch on the counter. Let me tell you he is NOT happy with me when I cut him off for the day at two bananas. Potassium deficiency will not be his problem, that's for sure.
  3. Does he sound like a barking seal? Wait what does a barking seal sound like?: That would be what I said last night while listening to the poor little dude hack up a lung in his sleep. We've never had any cough/cold/congestion experience before and he sounds so pitiful that I completely had myself convinced it was croup. It's probably just a normal cold, but I am nothing if not a worrier and let's face it, my kid does have a flair for the dramatic.
  4. Party Animals: We're celebrating the birthdays of two awesome little kiddos this weekend. It's hard to believe Sean who was AJ's age now when we first met him is now 6 and Abbey is 8! Random birthday gift shopping observation: it is virtually impossible to find modest shorts for girls. I mean, seriously. She's going to be 8. I don't think it's developmentally appropriate to have her booty hanging out! I finally located a pair of bermudas at Old Navy. Maybe this is why God gave me a boy.
  5. Speaking of Birthdays: It's less than a month until the big Birthday Luau for our little surfer monkey. This party? It's going to be fantastically tacky. Because while I'm sure you *could* do a lovely luau theme, I have no interest in such a thing. I'm going for cheese ball! We're talking tiki hut signs, plastic pink flamingos and hideous flower leis. And it possible I purchased a 5 foot tall inflatable monkey to be used as a photo prop!
And, since I couldn't find time to do a bits of my weekend post this week, here are a couple from our Mother's Day gardening adventures. Mother Nature has kindly watered our new additions every day this week!


(the kid climbs like it's his job. It should be no surprise that he made a bee line for the ladder!)
(his grandparents sent his some stuff to help with the yard work for Easter!)
(so happy to be outside. So not in the mood to stop for pictures!)
(I don't know what I love more. The cheesy grin or the crazy running around the yard hair!)

(I love him. SO much!)

2 comments:

justem said...

Okay that photo of AJ w/the awesome hair is my new favorite photo of him EVER!!! :)

gabbyfek said...

he is such a cutie.

and you will know the croup cough if you ever have to hear it-- which i oh so pray you will not. it's not like anything else???? ugh.

and yes... i have my annual haircut next month. i'll just try not to throw up when i hand over my card. hee!

xoxo.