Thursday, April 30, 2009

Holy Crap!

Sometimes that's really all there is to say.

I start childbirth class tonight and to say I am terrified would be the understatement of the century. You see, I've had a sort of "ignorance is bliss" thing going on so far. It's not that I don't know how a baby is born. It's just that up until this point I have decided not to really consider how it was going to feel to happen to me.

That "choosing not to think about it" ends tonight. And it ends in a classroom full of strangers, sitting next to my husband who has not watched as many episodes of "A Baby Story" as I have. Let's hope neither of us: passes out, throws up, or laughs uncontrollably.

Prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

heee! I'm anxiously waiting for the post class report!

justem said...

It wasn't so bad, was it? There's no reason to be scared!!! It's really not bad at all! (And you know if I'm saying this...well...it must be true because my labor sucked and I still, in retrospect, think the whole birth thing is just pretty natural and cool...) :)

Laura said...

Let me tell you, the class will NEVER prepare you for it. That's all I can say. In a good way. It is one big huge surprise with a great reward at the end. :)