Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Um, what?

  • I arrived at the polls at 6:45 this morning. The line was already around the building. I was ballot number 157.
  • I went to Walmart to pick up pop. I was greeted by a giant Christmas tree and the sound of Frosty the Snowman
  • I received an email this morning that the Starbucks Red Cups are out again.
  • It's going to be 70 degrees today. Last week it was snowing.

What a weird day. Also to be filed under weird: I'm going to "unretire" for a few hours tonight and head back to work at the tv station. I will be paid in pizza. For a news junkie, which I am even though I don't work in the industry anymore, nothing is bigger than election night. It's so much work. It's touch and go, all night long, never knowing what's happening and where we're going next. I've never jumped out of an airplane before, but I think the rush might be similar.

I'm walking into a tornado tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. What a weird day.

Oh, and P.S.: Please vote. Please don't be deterred by long lines. Chances are you've waited in line for things that are far less important before. I know I've spent more time waiting to ride Space Mountain than I did waiting to cast my ballot. The wait will be worth it.

1 comment:

justem said...

Thank goodness my voting was quick and easy! :)